Monday, September 14, 2009

That's pretty awkward

We were at Home Depot buying laminate flooring. Nick sat down with the flooring guy so I was in charge of keeping Kate occupied (for what turned out to be at least half an hour. Fun times at 39 weeks). We happened upon the display bathrooms.

Kate: Pee. [ushering me over to sit on the toilet and lifting up the lid].

Beth: No baby, I can't pee here.

Kate: PEE. [trying to drag me over]. MOMMY PEE!


Eventually I just kept her happy by letting her lift up all of the lids and put them back down. Then, in an effort to kill time, I decided I'd go to the real bathroom and pee.

We were not alone. She's in the stall with me.

Kate: VAGINA. VAGINA. VAGINA.

Luckily it doesn't really sound like the actual word, so okay. We then went back to the fake bathrooms and she climbed under the fake sink and closed the doors.

Kate: Hide. Hide.

Sigh. It was a long Home Depot trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment